Establishing a GSA Schedule
How to get or how do I get a GSA schedule or contract number?…. This is the most common question we at NCI hear.
Getting a GSA Schedule/Contract, is no easy task but it all starts with determining your eligibility.
First, ask yourself these few key questions:
- Do I offer a product or service that the government might want to buy? (IT Services/Products, Engineering, Building Materials, Sporting Goods, Apparel, Military or Law Enforcement Gear, etc.)
- This is a pretty easy one because the government buys just about everything that purchased in the private sector.
- The only exceptions when it comes to the GSA are firearms, ammunition and livestock.
- Have I sold at least $25,000.00 worth of products or services each year over the last two years?
- Can I benefit from selling to the number one consumer in the world (U.S. Government)
Did you answer YES?… Then ask yourself these:
- Does my company have any government liens that do not have a payment plan in place?
- Has my company had a bankruptcy in the last three years?
- Have any of the principles of my company had a felony conviction in the last three years?
- Have any of the principles ever been convicted of bid rigging?
Did you answer NO?… Great then you qualify!
Second, determine the Schedule and Special Item Numbers (SINS) you would like to pursue:
- Visit GSA Schedules for a list of available Schedules (or Contact Us for a Free Consultation)
- Click into the Schedule number and review the SINS to determine which are applicable for your company
Third, determine whether you want to write the GSA Proposal yourself or hire a firm by reviewing these key questions:
- How much time do I have each week to work on it?
- What is my time worth?
- How much do I know about Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARS) and Clauses Incorporated by Reference?
- Things to consider:
- The average proposal takes between 100-240 hours to complete without assistance and typically takes 1-3 years
- The average self written proposal is often rejected due to inconsistencies and inaccurate information
- Utilizing a company like NCI will save you time, money and help you make money faster
Last, complete (with or without help) the proposal per the appropriate correlating solicitation:
Call today for a FREE, no obligation consultation 1-877-686-5453