Set Aside Business Certifications/Classifications
Most companies can qualify for a GSA schedule. In addition, if you qualify as a SET ASIDE company you will have an increased level of opportunity. The GSA is mandated to spend up to 43% of allocated funds on SET ASIDE businesses (Women Owned, Retired/Disabled Veteran Owned, Minority Owned, Regular/Disadvantaged Small Business, Hub zone Certified, 8A approved, and 8M (WOSB/EDWOSB)). These funds are already there waiting for businesses like you!
NCI is committed to being a one stop shop when it comes to government contracting. As part of our general offering, we can produce individual business certifications/classifications for those eligible for Federal Government Set Aside opportunities.
Our offerings consist of but are not limited to the following:
- SAM – The System For Award Management. This is the most basic requirement on a Federal Level
- Regular Small Business – This is a self certification based on the Small Business Administration’s definition of a qualified Small Business.
- 8(a) Business Development Program – Those eligible include small business that can establish historical patterns of discrimination against their particular class of socio-economic status. 8A generally applies to those of minority background and yields a 5% Set Aside spending mandate inside and outside the GSA.
- Women Owned/ Women’s Business Enterprise (Self Certification) – Women in business holding a 51% or greater ownership interest may certify their organization as a women owned small business representing a 3% Set Aside spending mandate inside and outside the GSA.
- 8M/WOSB/EDWOSB (Woman Owned Small Business/Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business) -*This new designation was enacted February 4th 2011. There are two types of designations here based on industry types. Industries identified as substantially underrepresented by women owned companies will qualify for 5% of the Federal mandate. The second designation requires a women owned business in these industry types to establish economic hardship utilizing generous net-worth accounting standards to qualify. This also offers a 5% Federal Set Aside spending mandate inside and outside the GSA.
- Veteran – In recognition of service in the armed forces, any business determined to have any Veteran ownership can qualify for 3% Federal Set Aside spending mandate inside and outside the GSA.
- Service Disabled Veteran – In recognition of service in the armed forces, any business determined to have any Veteran ownership can qualify for 5% Federal Set Aside spending mandate inside and outside the GSA. The person claiming SDV status must hold a 51% or greater ownership interest to qualify.
- HUB Zoned (Historically Under Utilized Business) – The (HUB Zone) program helps small businesses in urban and rural communities gain preferential access to federal procurement opportunities. These preferences go to small businesses that obtain HUB Zone certification in part by employing staff who live in a HUB Zone. The company must also maintain a “principal office” in one of these specially designated areas. This Federal Set Aside spending mandate allocates a 3% Set Aside both inside and outside the GSA.
- Minority Owned – Recognizing historic discrimination against Minority Owned Enterprises, this Federal Set Aside spending mandate allocates a 3% Set Aside both inside and outside the GSA for those of qualifying ethnicity.
SET ASIDE BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
The GSA and other government entities are mandated to spend up to 43% of allocated funds on set aside business! If you qualify, there is greater opportunity for you.
The following are postings where Set Aside Businesses are discussed.